• Contributor to Worldchanging: A user’s Guide to the 21st Century (1st & 2nd ed)
• Contributor to Eco-Labels: Concerns and Experiences by Asha Joshi
• Contributor to Packaging Sustainability by Wendy Jedlicka
• Contributor to Sustainable Graphic Design by Wendy Jedlicka
• images by or featured in:
- Green Graphic Design by Brian Dougherty
- The People of Burning Man by Julian Cash
- The Steampunk Bible by Jeff VanderMeer
Videos / Online Courses:
• Autodesk Sustainability Workshop
• Autodesk Sustainability Workshop's building performance analysis MOOC
• Cradle to Cradle Certification training: official site (requires registration) or on YouTube
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles & Conference Papers:
• Faludi, J., Baumers, M., Maskery, I., Hague, R. Environmental Impacts of Selective Laser Melting: Do Printer, Powder, Or Power Dominate? Journal of Industrial Ecology, 2016. DOI: 10.1111/jiec.12528
• Faludi, J., Hu, Z., Alrashed, S., Braunholz, C., Kaul, S., Kassaye, L. Does Material Choice Drive Sustainability of 3D Printing? International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing, Istanbul, Turkey, Feb 17 2015. Published in International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial and Mechatronics Engineering Vol. 9 No. 2, 2015.
• Faludi, J., Bayley, C., Bhogal, S., Iribarne, M. Comparing Environmental Impacts of Additive Manufacturing vs. Traditional Machining via Life-Cycle Assessment. Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol. 21 Iss. 1, pp.14-33, 2015.
• Faludi, J., Ganeriwala, R., Kelly, B., Rygg, T. F., Yang, C. Sustainability of 3D Printing vs. Machining: Do Machine Type & Size Matter? Proceedings of EcoBalance Conference, Tsukuba, Japan, Oct 28, 2014.
• Faludi, J., Hoang, T., Gorman, P. and Mulvihill, M.. Aiding Alternatives Assessment With an Uncertainty-Tolerant Hazard Scoring Method. Journal of Environmental Management, 182, pp.111-125, 2016.
• Faludi, J. and Lepech, M. Ecological Payback Time of an Energy-Efficient Modular Building. Journal of Green Building. Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 100-119, 2012.
• Faludi, J., Lepech, M., and Loisos, G. Using Life Cycle Assessment Methods To Guide Architectural Decision-Making For Sustainable Prefabricated Modular Buildings. Journal of Green Building. Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 151-170, 2012.
• Faludi, J. A Sustainable Design Method Acting as an Innovation Tool. International Conference on Research Into Design (ICORD), Bangalore, India, Jan 8 2015. Published in Research into Design Across Boundaries Volume 2, pp. 201-212. Springer India, 2015.
• Faludi, J., Menter, A. Sustainable Design Education Through a Self-Directed Online System. Proceedings of the ASME IDETC Conference, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Portland, Oregon. Aug. 4-7, 2013.
• Hardham, C., et al. Multi-DOF Isolation And Alignment With Quiet Hydraulic Actuators. Proceedings of ASPE Spring Topical Meeting on Control of Precision Systems. 2004.
Faludi, J., 2017. Golden Tools in Green Design: What drives sustainability, innovation, and value in green design methods?
• Full dissertation (290 pages, 65 MB)
• Chapter 1. Introduction and Summary of Methods
• Chapter 2. Characterizing Activities And Mindsets to Hypothesize Recommendations For Sustainable Design Practices
• Chapter 3. What Practices Do Design Professionals Value for Innovation and Sustainability?
• Chapter 4. Workshop Procedures
• Chapter 5. Effective Sustainable Design Methods: Where Do Students Find Value and Innovation?
• Chapter 6. Effective Sustainable Design Methods: Where Do Professionals Find Value and Innovation?
• Chapter 7. Conclusions and Recommendations
Popular Press Articles:
• Featured or quoted in:
- The Wall Street Journal
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Fast Company
- Australian Broadcast Corporation radio
- Epoca Negócios
Trade Press Articles:
• Author of over 200 articles for Worldchanging.com
• Author of articles in:
- Package Design magazine
- MCAD blog
• Featured or quoted in:
- Sustainable Industries Journal
- Package Design Magazine
- IT Conversations
- Secretariat of the Commonwealth of Nations